Dr. Cindy Forbes is the recipient of the Dr. Charles & Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award for 2022. Throughout her career, she has been dedicated to positive change within the healthcare system as well as improving the health and lives of her patients.
Dr. Forbes’ natural ability to lead dates back to medical school when she was the president of her graduating class at Dalhousie. While caring for her patients at her busy practice in Fall River, she has also held many positions over the years. She was a board member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NS; a director on the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Board of Directors; and a director of the Nova Scotia Health Authority Board – just to name a few!
In addition, Dr. Forbes held a Clinical Faculty Appointment at the Dalhousie University Department of Family Medicine for 10 years. She is also a past-president of the Canadian Medical Association as well as Doctors Nova Scotia.
Dr. Forbes is an effective leader and passionate advocate for the specialty of family medicine!
Description & Criteria
This award :
- will honour individuals who are/were our trailblazers and leaders in family medicine and who made a significant career contribution to family medicine during their active career years.
- will give public recognition to their work and to our discipline.
- will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations for the Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award are invited from CFPC members.
- Nominations may be made in writing to the NSCFP office.
- The Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award will be considered when an exceptional nomination is made and will not necessarily be presented on an annual basis.
- Nominees must be 50 years of age or older.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
The College of General Practice: In Dr. Charles L. Gass’ Words