Dr. James MacKillop, CCFP, FCFP
Dr. James MacKillop is the recipient of the 2018 Dr. Charles & Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award. He is being honoured for his lifetime commitment to family medicine and leadership in Cape Breton.
He has been a leader in his community and is well-known for his low-key but effective organization and fixing skills. He was also the first site director for the first Nova Scotia community-based family medicine teaching site which was located in Cape Breton.
He continues to lead the way in restructuring his practice as a collaborative practice involving family practice nurses and nurse practitioners.
Description & Criteria
This award :
- will honour individuals who are/were our trailblazers and leaders in family medicine and who made a significant career contribution to family medicine during their active career years.
- will give public recognition to their work and to our discipline.
- will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations for the Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award are invited from CFPC members.
- Nominations may be made in writing to the NSCFP office.
- The Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award will be considered when an exceptional nomination is made and will not necessarily be presented on an annual basis.
- Nominees must be 50 years of age or older.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
2019 NSCFP Award Nominations are Now Open!
Click on a link to download the nomination form:
Award of Excellence
Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year
Dr. Charles & Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS: 6 April, 2019
The College of General Practice: In Dr. Charles L. Gass’ Words