2021 NSCFP Award Nominations are Now Open!
Click on a link to download the nomination form:
Award of Excellence
Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year
Dr. Charles & Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS: 5 April, 2021
Due to COVID-19 we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person 2020 Award Celebration.
The Board of Directors of the Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians (NSCFP) congratulates all Family Physicians in Nova Scotia on winning the 2020 Award of Excellence!
The Board of Directors decided to give the 2020 Award of Excellence to all family physicians of Nova Scotia. This decision was to express our gratitude for your hard work and to recognize your daily dedication to Nova Scotians, especially during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Joyce Curtis, CCFP
Dr. Joyce Curtis is the recipient of the 2019 Dr. Charles & Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award. She is being honoured for her lifelong commitment to her community and her advocacy surrounding reproductive rights.
Description & Criteria
This award :
- will honour individuals who are/were our trailblazers and leaders in family medicine and who made a significant career contribution to family medicine during their active career years.
- will give public recognition to their work and to our discipline.
- will be presented at the Annual Awards Banquet.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations for the Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award are invited from CFPC members.
- Nominations may be made in writing to the NSCFP office.
- The Dr. Charles and Mrs. Jean Gass Lifetime Achievement Award will be considered when an exceptional nomination is made and will not necessarily be presented on an annual basis.
- Nominees must be 50 years of age or older.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
The College of General Practice: In Dr. Charles L. Gass’ Words