NEW| 01 Jan, 2017: New standard unifies ethical expectations for physician continuing professional development in Canada
As a CPD provider, you may already be aware of the changes set to take effect on 01 January, 2018. However, please be advised that the Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians would be delighted to work with your organization as a 3rd party to ensure that the transition to the National Standard is a seamless one.
- FAQs for Implementation
- CFPC’s CPD in Focus Live: Click here to watch the recorded info session on YouTube.
- Email the Chapter Office
CPD Providers and Planners
Would you like to boost attendance and add value to your CPD activity? Submit your program for Mainpro+® certification today!
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) certifies continuing professional development (CPD) activities for Mainpro+® credit.
- The CFPC National Committee on Continuing Professional Development (NCCPD) oversees the regulation of Mainpro+ certification
- Administration is performed at the national level by the CFPC’s Department of Continuing Professional Development and at the provincial level by CFPC Chapter offices
Why Mainpro+ certification?
- Certification’s peer-review process ensures all content is relevant to family physicians
- Mainpro+ certification demonstrates the provider’s commitment to quality educational programming
- More than 30,000 family physicians across Canada require Mainpro+ credits to maintain their CFPC membership
How does Mainpro+ certification work?
All submitted programs are reviewed by one or more family physicians to ensure that they adhere to established criteria and policies and that their content is relevant to family physicians.
Depending on the activity and the type of certification sought, programs might also be subject to ethical review (self-study online programs, and programs funded without for-profit financial or in-kind support are currently exempt from this step). This secondary evaluation ensures that each time a CPD program is offered, it is conducted according to ethical standards and guidelines as established by the CFPC, the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), and Canada’s Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (Rx&D).
What do I need to submit? How much does it cost? How long does it take?
Complete information regarding certification categories, materials to be submitted, fees, criteria, policies, and timelines can be found within “Understanding Mainpro+ Certification” guide.
How do I apply for Mainpro+ certification?
Applications must be submitted via our online certification program, CERT+. Paper-based applications will not be accepted.