Dr. Emmanuel Ajuwon is the Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians’ Family Physician of the Year for 2023.
Dr. Ajuwon cares for his patients in New Waterford, Cape Breton. He meticulously plans to keep a check on the health of his patients and knows each one of them and their stories.
The way he connects and puts his patients at ease allows them to open-up about their most vulnerable feelings. He pours his heart out, often going above and beyond to ensure every task is done.
As one of his former residents, Dr. Gul Afshan Subhani puts it, “Dr. Ajuwon inspires me to be a better doctor!”
About the FPoY Award:
Each year at the Awards Banquet & Celebration of Family Medicine, Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year is presented with a kaleidoscope.
The kaleidoscope is a visual representation of the dynamic specialty of family medicine. Like a kaleidoscope, family medicine offers an unpredictable allure that is constantly flowing and transforming.
Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year
- Providing exceptional care to their patients
- Making meaningful contributions to the health and well-being of their communities
- Dedicating themselves as researchers and educators of future generations of family doctors
- Be skilled clinicians
- Be community based
- Act as a resource to a practice population
- Recognize the central importance of the doctor-patient relationship