Dr. Amer Ahmad is the Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians’ Family Physician of the Year for 2022. Dr. Ahmad has been an incredibly hard-working rural family physician in Windsor, Nova Scotia for 33 years. He provides his large patient population with comprehensive care. In addition, Dr. Ahmad works in emergency medicine, delivers nursing home care, and is engaged in teaching.
As a pillar of his community, Dr. Ahmad is cherished by his patients. As one of his colleagues puts it, “His clinical skills are excellent and his commitment to his patients is legendary.”
About the FPoY Award:
Each year at the Awards Banquet & Celebration of Family Medicine, Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year is presented with a kaleidoscope.
The kaleidoscope is a visual representation of the dynamic specialty of family medicine. Like a kaleidoscope, family medicine offers an unpredictable allure that is constantly flowing and transforming.
Nova Scotia’s Family Physician of the Year
- Providing exceptional care to their patients
- Making meaningful contributions to the health and well-being of their communities
- Dedicating themselves as researchers and educators of future generations of family doctors
- Be skilled clinicians
- Be community based
- Act as a resource to a practice population
- Recognize the central importance of the doctor-patient relationship